Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Parents advising their children about Drugs

One morning as I was taking my son to high school, I saw a letter sitting on the back seat in the car. Once I had dropped him off, I opened the letter and read that it was about drug testing at his school. My son had evidence of having a positive drug test. I coun't believe my eyes, I never thought my son would do such a thing. Then I realized that it was my fault as well. Considering I have never sat down and talked to my son about the dangers of drugs. Later that day, I talked to my son about it but it was already too late. He developed a bad habit and the only thing I could do was to sign him up for drug addiction classes.
From that day forward I have advised all of my fellow friends to talk to their son or daughter about drug addictions and what you can do to prevent what happened to my son, before it's too late. All it takes is five minutes of talking, you might think they're making the right decisions but they might not know any better.
This is a true story.
Bess Pelton and Jacqueline Shandler

No comments:

Post a Comment